I bought tickets online. What do I need to show at the gate?
What is the cancellation policy?
Tickets are non-refundable, and dates are not transferable. In the event of extreme weather conditions, if the Garden cancels the event we will post the information on our website and notify that evening’s guests by email, along with instructions for re-scheduling.
Where is the Garden located? Are you on the University of Alberta campus?
How can I get to Luminaria? What about parking?
This season, we are not able to offer any shuttles. The only way to get to the Garden is by car. Parking is free at the Garden
Is there anything to eat or drink?
Is Luminaria wheelchair accessible?
What safety measures are in place during COVID-19?
In order to keep capacities at safe levels and allow for physical distancing, Luminaria will be take place over the entire month of December, with a limited number of guests each evening. In addition, along with enhanced cleaning of high-touch spaces, the following measures have been implemented:
- Guests are required to maintain physical distance of 2 metres / 6′ from any person or group not belonging to their immediate household or cohort.
- Maximum group size is 10. If you are with a larger group, you will be required to divide into smaller groups of ten or fewer people.
- Some pathways are one-way or single file – please follow directional signage.
- Children must remain close to their parents / guardians at all times.
- Indoor spaces are closed, including showhouses and Welcome Centre / gift shop.
- Drinking fountains are closed. Please bring your own water bottle.
- Cider will be served in disposable compostable cups only (no reusable mugs accepted).
- Loaner wheelchairs and strollers are not available.
- Masks are required in all indoor spaces, such as washrooms. We also recommend that you wear a mask while you enjoy the outdoor displays – it keeps everyone safer and will keep your face nice and warm, too!